Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Why Do You Think Rappers Don't Shout Out the Years in Their Songs Anymore?

Like on "Feelin' It" by Jay-Z: "9 6 and forever, Roc-a-block Roca-fella" for example





BQ: Do you think those smalls things in a rap song make it that much more memorable?


BQ2: Favorite album that has shoutouts and such like that?|||I would assume it's because Hip-Hop has been popular for a much longer time now, and has progressed much further, therefore there is less likely for there to be a "landmark" year in the genre's progression nowadays, regardless of the quality and quantity of Hip-Hop music released on that particular year.



BQ: Yeah. I like hearing enthusiasm in music.

BQ2: Criminal Minded has a few shoutouts like that at the end of, and during some of the songs, and that's a great album; it would be hard for me to think of an album that does that consistently, however.|||I have no solid reference for my claim but likely that sh*t was just a "trend" which became popular because more and more Rappers were doing it in their records. For one reason or another it was forgotten and discarded much like any other facet of Hip-Hop that is culturally dispensable...or not. :/



BQ: I agree.

BQ2: Can't say. I'll think more about this.|||It's because most people forget music past the year it's made anyway. So there is no need for a shout out.





BQ: Yeah, sort of.


BQ2: Stankonia. 1-9-9-9!!!!!|||Because people would hear a song for the first time and like it until they heard a shoutout for like 2008. At which point they would never listen to it again because it's "old"|||Yeah I kinda noitced that, I've only heard like 2 or 3 shoutouts for 2011. I don't why that is.





BQ: When they shout out the year it doesn't really make a difference to me.|||idk why


BQ: Kind of.


BQ2: Ready to Die and Illmatic(id remember if it had year shout outs but i remember rapper shout outs)|||not sure, maybe its because their music is enjoyed typically long past the year its released.





BQ: sorta, a few artist still do it but not that many





BQ2; not sure..|||Have No Idea...Last One I Can Remember Is Omarion Hoodie Ha....



BQ: It Does Add To It...But Don't Really Bother Me...

BQ2: Can't Think Of Any...|||the answer that Nasty Kilenem made.|||It's gay and unless they are appealingvto alzheimers patients it is unneccesary.|||i dont really know, but i miss that.





BQ: Yes definatly|||I couldnt tell you, but I like shoutout's





BQ: yeah|||kanye does

No comments:

Post a Comment